The latest game based on the Aliens franchise is now available for a very reduced price on Gamestop.
We’re talking about the PC digital version of Aliens: Colonial Marines, released last year on consoles and PC. The game may not be the best Aliens game ever released but fans of the franchise may still want to try it, considering it’s now available for $1.99.
You and your friends against the deadliest killers in the galaxy. Another glorious day in the corps. Buckle up, soldier! Welcome to Aliens: Colonial Marines. Created by Gearbox, the critically acclaimed and fan-favourite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, this first-person shooter is steeped in the eerie, claustrophobic and terrifying atmosphere that made the Aliens films successful worldwide. You and your friends will become the most badass military outfit in the galaxy – the US Colonial Marines. It’s down to you to not just survive but wipe out the Xeno infestation.
- The most terrifying creature in cinema history. Face off against the ultimate enemy, as they use their unearthly skills to navigate across walls, swarm through vents and find new ways to attack you and your squad.
- The most authentic Aliens experience ever. Using authentic environments inspired by the film series including Hadley’s Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, you will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric world where any moment could bring your death.
- Enlist in the Marine Corps. Bringing you a true sequel to James Cameron’s Aliens, get tooled up with classic Marine weapons and equipment including pulse rifles, motion trackers and flamethrowers.
- Drop-in/Drop-out co-operative gameplay. Gearbox, the masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra firepower. The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary through self-contained missions within an over-arching narrative.
- Loadouts and upgrades. Create your perfect killing machine. An extensive upgrade system allows players to customise their characters to play the way they want. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.